This website is operated by the Best International group of companies (the “Group”, “we”, “us”).
- the personal information we collect about you through this website or otherwise
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
What we collect
Personal information provided by you
A company within the Group may collect the following information:
- name, address and job title
- contact information including email address and telephone number(s)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to the Product or service
Personal information provided by third parties
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
Sensitive personal information
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information, for example, when asking for your passport details for a Best Travel Services service. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it. Sensitive personal information includes, amongst other things, your ethnic origin, religious beliefs and physical condition.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you, such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purposes of quality assurance, training and fraud prevention and compliance.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with our site or services, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to experience fully the interactive features of our services or web sites you visit.
How we use the information about you
We require this information so that we can:
- provide services to our corporate clients in relation to the administration of investment products, which may include but shall not be limited to corresponding with you, identifying you, preparing documents for you containing your personal information and/or recording your information;
- provide introduction services third party intermediaries, agents and/or corporate clients;
- provide travel services, which may include passing your personal details on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies etc and the information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration (as required by them or by law);
- send you information produced by us and/or third parties that you have requested or that we believe may be of interest;
- if you agree, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- detect and prevent fraud; and
- improve our services.
- The personal information you provide to us, including your name, address, email address and telephone number (as relevant) may be used to keep you informed about other service or future products offered by any company within the Group. Additionally, your personal information may be processed by any company within the Group and by third parties who provide services and such processing.
- From time to time, we may pass your personal information to carefully selected third parties so that they can send you information about their products and services which we believe may be of interest to you.
- We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you register or otherwise engage with us for the first time.
- If you have consented to receive such marketing from us, you can opt out at any time (or vice versa), by emailing us at the address below.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data; however, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our carefully selected business partners in accordance with our Marketing section above.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area, where controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. In particular in relation to our Best Travel Services Dot Co Dot UK Ltd:
- we will not pass any information onto any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities or religious requirements.
- if we cannot pass this information onto any relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we cannot provide your booking. In making any booking with us, you consent to this information being passed to the relevant persons.
Right to request a copy of your information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee of £10 may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Moseley Hall Farm, Chelford Road, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 8RB, together with proof of identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill).
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address, together with enough information to identify you, such as your product reference number. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please email, call or write to us (see Contact section below).
Address: Moseley Hall Farm, Chelford Road, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 8RB
Telephone: 0845 130 9022